- Set the over-edge thread length - at the twist of a knob.
- A serger with a chainstitch, four coverstitches and four combination stitches (chainstitch/overlock stitch).
- The hard-wearing safety seam (combination stitch) is ideal for reliably joining firm woven fabrics, such as jeans.
- The 3- and 4-thread coverstitch gives you an especially durable, flat stitch in highly elastic fabrics.
- The BERNINA lay-in system lets you thread quickly and directly - and it's also simple to thread the lower looper, thanks to the automatic lower-looper threading system.
- Easy, ergonomic operation: With the aid of the vision panel and the red position indicators, you'll find the ideal position of the needles and lower looper for threading straightaway.
Micro Thread Control (mtc) Knob
Thanks to the patented mtc thread control, it‘s finally possible to directly set the over-edge thread length and achieve the perfect seam at the twist of a knob!
Patented Swing-Out Presser Foot
Simply swing the foot out to the side to give yourself plenty of space for easy threading and hassle-free needle change
Front Foot Lift System
The front foot lift gives an additional lift to the front of the presser foot, making it possible to accurately position multiple layers of fabric and bulky projects such as hand-knitted jumpers underneath it
Threading (Lay-in) System
The BERNINA lay-in system lets you thread quickly and directly at all times. Thanks to the automatic lower-looper threading system, it’s also a cinch to thread the lower loopers.
Professional Knife Drive from Above
Provides the greatest, most robust cutting force. Even thick fabrics won’t deflect the upper knife - so all fabric edges can be trimmed safely and professionally
Swing-out Upper Knife Arm
The upper knife arm can be quick-released effortlessly at the press of a button to provide more room. This is particularly advantageous when, for example, you’re working in coverstitch mode, or do not wish to trim the fabric edge.
Accessories in the Looper Cover
Here you’ll find the most commonly used accessories, neatly arranged and ready-to-hand
Handwheel Position Indicator
Easy, ergonomic operation: With the aid of the vision panel and the red position indicators, you’ll find the ideal threading position for the needles and the lower looper straightaway.
The practical manual threading tool for quick threading.
Rolled Hem Lever
Simply flick the rolled hem lever to switch effortlessly to a rolled hem stitch and back again, with no need to change the stitch plate or presser foot.
The clear display tells you both the personal and default basic settings of the stitch variants. You can also read the recommended basic thread tension here, as well as save personal settings.